Sunday, October 1, 2017

Will of Richard Blake otherwise Black belonging to his Majestys Ship Vengance - The National Archives PROB 11/1781, probated 23 Jul 1781

I did not discover anything further about this testator, Richard Blake otherwise Black.


Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 30 Sep 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/1781
Name of testator: Richard Blake otherwise Black
Place:  belonging to his Majestys Ship Vengance
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 1 Mar 1779, probated 23 Jul 1781

[In margin]: Richard Blake otherwise Black

1    In the Name of God Amen I
2    I Richard Black Mariner belonging to his Majestys
3    Ship the Vengance being in bodily health and of sound
4    and disposing mind and memory and considering the
5    perils and dangers of the Seas and other uncertainities of
6    this transitory life do for avoiding controversies after
7    my decease make publish and declare this my last
8    will and Testament in manner following that is I
9    say First I commend my Soul to God that gave
10    it and my Body I commit to the Earth or Sea as
11    it shall please God to order and as for and concerning
12    all my Worldly Estate I give bequeath and dispose
13    thereof as followeth that is to say all such Wages
11    Sum and Sums of Money Lands Tenements Goods
15    Chattels and Estate whatsoever as shall be any
16    ways due owing or belonging unto me at the time
17    of my decease I do give devise and bequeath the
18    same unto my loving Mother Sarah Black at
19    Brentford in the County of Middlesex and I do
20    hereby nominate and appoint the aforesaid Sarah
21    Black my Mother to be Executrix of this my last
22    Will and Testament hereby revoking all former and
23    and other wills Testaments and deeds of Gifts by me at
24    any time heretofore made and I do ordain and
25    ratify these presents to stand and be for and as my
26    only last Will and Testament In Witness whereof
27    this my said will I have set my hand and Seal
28    the first day of March in the Year of our Lord one
29    thousand Seven hundred and Seventy nine and in
30    the nineteenth Year of the Reign of his
31    Majesty King George the third over Great Britain
32    etc The mark X of Rich. Black Signed Sealed
33    published and declared in the presence of us Jn
34    Sharp 1st Lieutenant Benjm Black Alex Maclanie
35    Clerk
36    This Will was proved at London the twenty third
37    day of July in the Year of our Lord one thousand
38    Seven hundred and eighty one before the Worshipful
39    John Fisher doctor of Laws Surrogate of the Right
40    Worshipful Peter Calvert doctor of Laws Master Keeper
41    or Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury
42    was truly constituted by the oath of Sarah Blake otherwise
43    Black the Mother of the deceased and Sole Executrix
44    named in the said Will to whom administration was
45    granted of all and Singular the Goods Chattels and
46    Credits of the said deceased having been first Sworn
47    duly to administer

No comments: