Monday, October 2, 2017

Will of Richard Blake, Captains Clerk belonging to his Majestys Ship Ruby - The National Archives PROB 11/794, probated 30 May 1752

There is a Richard Blake baptized 29 May 1724 at Gosport Hampshire son of John and Elisabeth Blake.

There is a marriage for Richard Blake 5 Aug 1742 to Mary Bowers at Gosport Hampshire.

Because there are a number of entries in Hampshire records for a Richard Blake (baptism and marriage) it is unknown if the two records above correspond to this particular Richard Blake.

HMS Ruby was a 50 gun fourth rate ship of the line of the Royal Navy built at Bursledon, Hampshire and launched on 3 August 1745.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 1 Oct 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/794
Name of testator: Richard Blake, Captains Clerk
Place:  belonging to his Majestys Ship Ruby
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 1 Nov 1747, probated 30 May 1752

[In margin]: Richard Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Richard Blake Captains Clerk of his Majestys Ship Ruby Captain Joseph
3    Knight Commander being in bodily health and of sound and disposing
4    mind and memory and considering the dangers and other uncertaintys of
5    this transitory Life do (for avoiding controversys after my decease) make
6    publish and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner
7    following that is to say First I recommend my Soul to God
8    that gave it and my Body to the Earth or Sea as it shall
9    please God to order and as for all my Worldly Estate I give
10    bequeath and dispose thereof as followeth that is to say
11    all and singular such pay Short allowance Money Prize Money
12    and all other Wages Sum and Sums of Money Lands Tenements
13    Goods Chattels and Estate whatsoever as shall be any ways due
11    owing or belonging unto me at the time of my decease I give
15    devise and bequeath the same unto my well beloved Wife Mary Blake
16    of Gosport in the County of Hampshire and I do hereby nominate
17    and appoint my trusty Friend Antrum Fulford of Gosport aforesaid
18    Merchant to be Executor of this my last Will and Testament hereby
19    revoking all former and other Wills Testaments and deeds of Gift by
20    me at any time heretofore made And I do ordain and ratify
21    these presents to stand and be for my only last Will and Testament
22    In Witness whereof to this my said Will I have set my
23    hand and Seal the first day of November and in the twenty
24    first year of the Reign of our Sovereign Lord George the Second
25    by the Grace of God over Great Britain France and Ireland King
26    defender of the Faith and so forth And in the year of
27    our Lord one Thousand seven hundred and forty seven Richd Blake
28    Signed sealed and published in the presence of us Jos: Knight Capt
29    Jas Munro Lieut Jno Hullock Purser
30    This Will was proved at London before the Right
31    honourable Sir George Lee Knight doctor of Laws Master keeper
32    or Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully
33    constituted on the thirtieth day of May in the Year of our Lord
34    one Thousand seven hundred and fifty two by the Oath of
35    Antram Fulford the sole Executor named in the said Will
36    to whom Administration was granted of all and singular the
37    Goods Chattels and Credits of the deceased being first sworn by
38    Commission duly to administer

No comments: